Saturday, August 29, 2009

A walk along the refurbished promenade of Green Point, Sea Point and Bantry Bay

You can walk safely all the way from the V&A Waterfront to Camps Bay along the beach front promenade its a great walk or jog , to people watch or just chill out and enjoy the city and the stunning scenery

In my photos you see how quiet the promenade was. I guess it was partly because it is Ramadan and at this time (late afternoon) people are busy cooking and preparing for Iftar This is also where allot of Muslims come from across the city when the Ramadan is close to the end, awaiting the appearance of the new moon


I started off, after a pretty good mezze and a glass of wine at the Greek restaurant in Green Point, opposite the light house and walked to Bantry Bay and back it took me 2 and half hours with frequent stops to watch and admire the surfers or to take photos

Click on the image to see the Green Point light house


New paving

The promenade is still being refurbished for 2010, new railings in places along the sea wall, new paving etc and its looking very good



My favourite shot of this lot




2 comments:

  1. Not a good idea to look at these whilst sitting on a commuter train to work. This one made me sigh a LOT! You really do live in a beautiful part of the world. But you need to get to Stockholm one day, preferably during the summer, to take wonderful pictures of beautiful Stockholm too. It is breathtaking here during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost visited Stockholm this summer I actually had already told my friends ..but then changed my mind and decided to cruise (by car) along the coast of SA

    ReplyDelete