Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Umngazi on the Wild Coast.. a very special place

It was late afternoon, when after a very long drive, I first saw Umngazi river bungalows They are in the middle of nowhere on the Wild Coast. Words can not describe the beauty of this place but I will try and show you through my photos
The recent storm force winds had whipped up the waves of the Indian ocean so high it was an awesome sight to watch and at times sounded like gunshots The only way to get to the beach was by boat which ferried you over or back as many times as you liked
The third cottage from the right was my home for a few nights it was right at the edge of the river and with views and sounds of the sea



1 comment:

  1. Now this is my kind of vacation! Thanks again for the photos, the ones of the elephant park almost jumped out at me and started talking, I think they're so "alive", for want of a better word.

    ReplyDelete