Friday, February 19, 2010

I deeply regret buying the Canon EF-S 17-85MM F/4-5.6 IS USM Lens The zoom ring is already stuck and its a known mechanical fault !

I was in the middle of shooting the stadium this evening when suddenly the zoom ring of my Canon EF-S 17-85MM F/4-5.6 IS USM Lens hardly moved and after another 3 shots it was totally stuck !!!
I am absolutely disgusted :(


Its an expensive lens bought it August 2009 its now Febr 2010 and already broken !
Apparently its all cheap plastic inside
 Shame on Canon !
From the Fixya website :
"It seems like this is a common problem with these lenses, the zoom gets stuck at 17mm with about 2mm of play (zoom movement). This problem is all due to a loose single screw on the inner lens assembly"

And so I spend the best part of the evening looking for a solution After coming across a Sigma 10-20 Flickr group
I decided to purchase the Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX Lens tomorrow while waiting for the repair of my broken lens GRRR !!!

Century City Canal Walk: Largest mall in Southern Hemisphere This place is huge !
I used to live here and have quite a few shots on my old flickr account
This HERE was taken from my aparment at the time
It was also one of my very first nightshots I had ever taken
I have not really walked around here since then ...
While I was shooting  late this afternoon
A guy stopped by and asked if I was a professional photographer
and for once I did not even have my tripod with me ! :)

I often find that people start chatting with me when I am taking photos
I love it and so it happend this afternoon
Was great to meet you Ash !
I used to sit along the waterside here with a book
on the rare occasions that I wasn't blasted by the wind

The building at the far end is called KnightsBridge they were still building it 2 years ago
 but its finnished now


The bird on the pole has a dart in his head !
Poor thing

 
Protea Hotel Island Club
Someone waving at me ? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment