Saturday, February 20, 2010

Canon 450D and Sigma lens 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM trial shots of the Cape Town Stadium

And so I bought my new Sigma lens 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM
in addition to my now broken Canon Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM wide angle lens
 (see previous post)
which will hopefully be returned in full working order in 2 weeks 
Its under warranty so doesn't cost me anything Thank God  

Very excited and having read up on it as much as possible I jumped in my car and headed for the golf course
I learned that there are a number of known and possible  issues with this lens, not an easy lens, it needs getting used to and it was advised to operate the lens manual
 and that was what I did
Gave this one the Lomo treatment
mainly to disguise the soft edges

Un edited image straight from the camera
 focal lenght 10.0 mm
 aperture f/9.0
 ISO 100
exposure time 0.017s (1/60)
My wide angle Canon lens could never get all of this in + I would have to walk much further away just to capture the stadium in one shot
but my Canon wide angle lens
 would produce a sharper image


Also UN-EDITED
Focal lenght 10.0mm
Aperture f/11
 ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment