Sunday, July 26, 2009

A close up of the West side of the Soccer World Cup 2010 Green Point Stadium

I found the stadium walking down the hill (Signal Hill) Of the 3 shots I took I liked this one the best because of the wave crashing on the rocks.

Click photo to enlarge
At this point where I took the closeup from...I am standing just above Three Ancher Bay and Glengariff Road. Just as well I don't suffer from acrophobia :) it was kind of steep as you can see..

If you come to Cape Town then you should drive up Signal Hill road, right till the end, park and walk around.

From Signal Hill, which separates the suburbs of Green Point and Sea Point from the City Bowl, you have an incredible view over Table Mountain, the Twelve Apostles, Lion's Head, the city, the harbor and Table Bay, Robben Island and far beyond . Viewing the sunsets from the top is also awesome and quite popular with tourists and Capetonians alike
Walking back ...this is shot is from above Signal Hill road on the very top of Signal Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment